If you are planning to give your home an elite look then wood flooring is one of the best options to consider, hardwood flooring gives unmatched luxurious charm to your house, it adds warmth and readily complements any décor of your house.
Wood flooring is available in different styles, colors, profile types, different species of wood, and finishes, and all these options make it difficult for an individual to choose so in this article we talk about all the available types of hardwood floor refinishing rochester ny.
Engineered wood flooring:
The first type we are going to talk about is engineered wood flooring which is considered the best flooring option among homeowners.
- It is made up of a thin strip of wood aka a veneer layer which is glued to rigid plywood or HDF core.
- Engineered wood flooring is the most durable option available.
- It comes in planks wider and longer up to 12 inches.
- Engineered wood flooring is less susceptible to humidity and weather change.
- It is an inexpensive option as compared to the other type of wooden flooring available on market.
- The only disadvantage of engineered wood flooring is that it can’t be sanded or refinished.
Solid hardwood flooring:
The second type of wood flooring is solid hardwood flooring and this flooring type has its own pros and cons.
- It is pure wood flooring, as it is made up of only a single piece of wood.
- It comes in the form of planks.
- People opt for this flooring due to its versatile natural look, it gives warmth and a nice feel under feet.
- It can be sanded and refinished.
- It is the most durable option for house flooring.
- If we talk about the cons of solid hardwood flooring it includes its unpleasant temperamental state.
- It is more susceptible to wrapping and swelling when it comes in contact with moisture.
- It is not ideal for areas such as a bathroom, kitchen, and laundry area.
Oak flooring is the most popular type of wood flooring option among homeowners.
- Oak flooring is an affordable and durable option available.
- It is easy to install and work with.
- The popular type of oak is red oak and white oak flooring.
- White oak is actually present in a golden brown appearance.
- White oak is durable due to its hardness, which is roughly 1360 on the hardness scale.
- Red oak has the neutral color feature of a reddish appearance.
Bamboo is the eco-friendly flooring option available.
- The astonishing and yet undiscovered part of the bamboo is that it is technically grass that is considered wood because of its hardness.
- Due to its hardness, it is a more durable and sustainable option for flooring.
- You can easily refinish the bamboo flooring like other wood flooring options available.
- Maple is another wood flooring option available.
- Due to its hardness, it is used for a bowling alley and other high-traffic areas.